Hunting and Fishing News & Blog Articles
Pan-Seared Sea Bass
Here's a simple and delicious recipe for pan-seared sea bass with a lemon garlic butter sauce. This dish is easy to make and perfect for a quick and flavorful meal:
For the Sea Bass:
- 2 sea bass fillets (6-8 ounces each), skin-on
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or dried thyme)
For the Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges (for garnish)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the Sea Bass:
- Pat the sea bass fillets dry with paper towels.
- Season both sides of the fillets with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Sear the Sea Bass:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in an ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, carefully add the sea bass fillets, skin side down. Allow them to sear for about 3-4 minutes until the skin is crispy and golden brown. Be patient; this will help prevent sticking.
- Carefully flip the fillets over and sear the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to the Oven:
- Place the skillet with the seared sea bass in the preheated oven. Bake for about 5-7 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. The internal temperature should reach 145°F (63°C).
- Prepare the Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce:
- While the sea bass is in the oven, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, or until fragrant and lightly golden.
- Stir in the lemon juice and chopped parsley. Cook for another minute, then remove from heat.
- Once the sea bass is cooked, remove it from the oven and drizzle the lemon garlic butter sauce over the fillets.
- Garnish with additional fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
- Serve the pan-seared sea bass immediately, and enjoy your delicious and easy-to-make seafood dish!
This recipe pairs well with a variety of sides, such as steamed vegetables, rice, or a fresh salad. Adjust the seasoning and lemon to your taste, and you'll have a restaurant-quality sea bass dish right at home.