Hunting and Fishing News & Blog Articles
Stay up-to-date on hunting, fishing and camping products, trends and news.
1 minute reading time (251 words)
New York Hunting
New York State is known for its beautiful natural scenery and abundant wildlife, making it a popular destination for hunting trips. Here are some popular hunting trips you can take in New York:
- Deer Hunting: New York has a large population of white-tailed deer, making it a popular destination for deer hunting. The state offers various hunting seasons for deer, including archery, firearms, and muzzleloader.
- Turkey Hunting: New York also offers turkey hunting opportunities, with a spring season for wild turkey hunting and a fall season for turkey hunting.
- Waterfowl Hunting: New York has several bodies of water that attract a variety of waterfowl, including ducks and geese. The state offers a waterfowl hunting season for hunters to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Upland Bird Hunting: New York also has a variety of upland bird species, including pheasants, grouse, and quail. The state offers hunting seasons for these birds, and some hunting preserves are available for those who want to hunt in a controlled environment.
- Big Game Hunting: New York also offers big game hunting opportunities for black bear and moose, although these hunting seasons are highly regulated and require a special permit.
It's important to note that hunting in New York requires a hunting license, which can be obtained through the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) website. Additionally, specific rules and regulations apply to each hunting season and species, so it's important to review them before embarking on a hunting trip.