Hunting and Fishing News & Blog Articles
Stay up-to-date on hunting, fishing and camping products, trends and news.
1 minute reading time (284 words)
Recipe of the Day - Quail with Grapes and Wine Sauce
Here's a delicious and fancy recipe for Quail with Grapes and Wine Sauce:
- 4 quail, cleaned and dressed
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the quail and brown them on all sides until golden. Remove the quail from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the shallots and garlic. Sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Pour the white wine into the skillet, scraping the bottom to deglaze and release any browned bits. Add the fresh thyme sprig and simmer for a few minutes to reduce the wine slightly.
- Return the quail to the skillet, nestling them in the wine sauce. Add the grapes around the quail.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and roast for about 15-20 minutes, or until the quail is cooked through and the grapes are slightly caramelized.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and carefully transfer the quail and grapes to a serving platter.
- Place the skillet back on the stovetop over medium heat. Simmer the wine sauce until it thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the wine sauce over the quail and grapes on the serving platter.
- Serve the quail with grapes and wine sauce hot, and enjoy!
This fancy quail recipe pairs well with a side of roasted vegetables or a fresh green salad. It's perfect for a special occasion or when you want to impress your guests with an elegant dish.