Hunting and Fishing News & Blog Articles
Stay up-to-date on hunting, fishing and camping products, trends and news.
1 minute reading time (234 words)
Wild Boar Pulled Pork
- 4 lbs. wild boar shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Buns, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Rub the mixture all over the wild boar shoulder roast.
- In a small saucepan, mix together apple cider vinegar, water, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Heat over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the seasoned wild boar roast in a large Dutch oven or heavy oven-safe pot. Pour the sauce over the meat.
- Cover the pot with a lid and place it in the preheated oven. Cook for 4-5 hours, until the meat is tender and easily pulls apart with a fork.
- Remove the pot from the oven and use two forks to shred the meat. Mix it with the sauce in the pot.
- Serve the wild boar pulled pork on buns, topped with your favorite toppings such as coleslaw, pickles, or hot sauce.