Hunting and Fishing News & Blog Articles
Icemule Boss Backpack Cooler Review
Icemule Coolers built the ICEMULE BOSS Cooler a few years back, and over the last several years this cooler has continued to hold its own. In fact, it has continued to hold off quite a few new challengers that continue to break ground in the cooler market.
The ICEMULE BOSS is a solid backpack cooler for when you need to carry a case of beer and some ice a long way. Or you can use the Icemule Boss to carry some food a long way. Carrying drinks and food long distances is a problem for most coolers. Many coolers are awkward and heavy to move more than a few hundred yards. The ICEMULE BOSS is built to carry heavy weight long distances. The ICEMULE BOSS is also built with three external pockets to hold additional food, cozies or forks, knives or gear.
The welded seems and the insulation keep this cooler secure and leakproof. The cooler has enough room to carry 24 cans plus ice and is lightly larger than most backpack coolers. It is a little harder to get into through the top than some coolers but if you are looking for overall size, this is one of the largest backpack coolers on the market. Even when not in use, this cooler keeps its shape and is as solid as can be. The outside pockets keep things secure and the two clips on the bottom front allow you to secure and lash gear to the bottom of the cooler like a small picnic blanket or a chair.
We liked that the cooler stands up on its own, it is easy to carry and fully loaded the thick air mesh shoulder straps do not cut into your shoulders. The padded hip pad and hip belt easily keep the weight right where it needs to be. This cooler is easy to use and you can pack in the cooler several miles. If you really need a backpack cooler, this is the one to get.
Specs for the ICEMULE BOSS Backpack Cooler:Dimensions: 24″ Tall x 17″ Wide x 11″ DeepWeight: 7.5 lbsInterior Capacity: 30 Liters (24 12-ounce cans with ice)Weight Capacity: up to 60 lbsMaterial: Premium Waterproof Technical Fabric with Welded Seams3cm Closed-Cell PolarLayer XT Insulation foam
· RUGGED AND BUILT FOR THE OUTDOORS: Engineered for portability and high-performance, this soft-sided cooler bag makes your next beach day, hike, or picnic more perfect; Holds 30 Liters or 24 cans + ice; Dimensions (L x W x H): 17 x 11 x 24 inches; Weight: 7.5 pounds
· EFFORTLESS HANDS-FREE CARRY: Lightweight, backpack-style cooler with 2 padded, airmesh shoulder straps, a cushioned hip belt, and a sternum strap, leaving both your arms free to grab your surfboard, fishing pole, or any other adventure gear
· EASY ACCESS, SPACIOUS INTERIOR: Accessible Tri-Fold DriTop roll-top design opens wide, letting you load up and find what you’re looking for easily; Store everything you need for a day trip with exterior bungee storage and 3 oversized zipper pockets that are padded, insulated, and outfitted with super-tough PakShield zippers that keep water out to keep contents cold and dry
· 24+ HOURS OF COOLING: Ultra-tough Muleskin Exterior and Interior plus 3cm closed-cell PolarLayer XT Insulation ensures toughness, strength, superior ice retention, and maintains ice-like temperatures for up to 2 days; Handles over 60 pounds of weight, a great choice for camping, fishing, and backpacking trips
· LEAKPROOF, BUOYANT, AND WATERPROOF: Welded seams and zipper-less top closure, and weatherproof zipper pockets means no leaks making this a waterproof cooler that can float right alongside your kayak .
© Hunting and Hunting Gear Reviews